Here are the details
(in geographical sequence, north to south):
St Mary's Church, 1 South Drive, Wavertree, L15 8JJ
The building began as a Methodist Church in 1872. It was re-consecrated as the Anglican Parish church in 1952 after the original St Mary's was destroyed by bombing in 1940. The East Window was designed by E Carter-Preston.
The Lamb Inn, 111 High Street, Wavertree, L15 8JS
An old pub, rebuilt in 1852 and open until 2012, when it was converted to become the head office of local solicitors BMD:LAW.
Wavertree Lock-Up, Childwall Road/Lake Road,
The octagonal lock-up was built in 1796, at the expense of the villagers - drunkenness was quite a problem 200 years ago. Cholera victims were later dumped there, and in the 1840s the lock-up served as temporary accommodation for destitute Irish families. In 1869, architect and local historian James Picton 'beautified' it by adding the pointed roof and weather vane. Wavertree Society information available and merchandise on sale.
Wavertree Congregational Church, Hunters Lane, L15 8HL
The church, built in 1839, includes a basement schoolroom, a gallery giving a birds eye view of the church, and a baby Willis organ. There will also be a display of wedding dresses, dating from the 1920s onwards. Tours and refreshments available.
Holy Trinity Church, Church Road, Wavertree,
Built by John Hope, consecrated in 1794 and extended by Charles Reilly in 1911. Recognised by John Betjeman as 'the best Georgian Church in Liverpool'. Canon John Mitchell was responsible for the construction of one of the earliest Memorials to the Fallen after WW1. Wavertree CE Primary School will be celebrating its 150th anniversary with a small exhibition in the Church. Tea, coffee and biscuits available.
Liverpool Blue Coat School, Church Road, L15 9EE
Designed by Briggs, Wolstenholme, Hobbs and Thornely in the late Renaissance style and completed in 1906. Chapel erected by T Fenwick Harrison in memory of his late wife. Light refreshments, and tours of the school given by prefects, will be available. Entrance is by the door under the Clock Tower.
St Barnabas Church Penny Lane, 1 Carsdale Road, L18 1LZ
Completed in 1914, architect James F Doyle. Features a large WW1 memorial East Window, newly installed peal of 8 bells, and strong Beatles connections. Special events: Saturday "Bells on Penny Lane" - tours of Bell Tower with views of Penny Lane. Sunday "Discover Hidden History" - tours of the Wavertree area led by Qualified Blue Badge Tour Guides (2pm start).
Dovedale Baptist Church, Dovedale Road, L18 1DW
Built in 1906 with an interesting Gothic perpendicular design and Art Nouveau features, open baptistry and curved pews. Historical exhibition and guided tours of the church. Families welcome. Children's quiz and toys.